Posted in: Latest News, Business Advice
Yes! affordable website design + quality is possible. Here's what to look for...
Work out what you need
Before shopping around for a website design and development company, first, think about what you want your website to achieve for you. Here's a checklist of what you might want your site to achieve for your business.
I want my website users to:
- Download a brochure
- Sign up to newsletter or training
- Send email via contact form
- Call me
- Find the answer to their problem, so they don't call me
- Make a purchase
- Watch a video
- Request a quote
- Read your blog and make a comment
- Share something
This is a short list to get you started. If you can work out these key things you want from your website, you will have a very focused idea of what your site needs to achieve for you.
How to find the right provider
Now it's time to start looking for the right website design and marketing company. Here's a couple of things to look for.
- Make sure they can meet all of your website needs (from your list that you come up with).
- They should also have a solid showcase of quality work.
- Do they just make pretty websites? Or pretty websites that are driven by targeted marketing strategies?
- Also, keep in mind it doesn't matter how good your website looks, if you don't have a search engine strategy behind it, it's like having an advert created but never airing it on TV. So make sure they have a good background and success rate with SEO services.